Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rudderless Faith!

This is short and sweet, ladies!

I recently read an excerpt of a sermon by the late Pastor Dan Rodgers entitled "Noah's Ark Had No Rudder." Think about the implications: Noah's Ark - that big honkin' ark - had NO rudder. No steering mechanism!? Talk about faith! Of course, the Ark didn't NEED a rudder - it was guided by the Lord. Noah had faith that the Lord would take that Ark wherever He wanted it to go.  And here's the part that really gets me: not only was its DIRECTION guided by the Lord...its SPEED was also guided by Him.

Are you struggling with the Lord's timing right now?  Next time you start to wonder about the "speed" with which things are (or are not) happening in your life, remember Noah's Rudderless Ark and have faith in the One Who is guiding your direction AND your speed. :-)

Quit trying to steer the boat (excuse me -- ship)!

3 comments:

  1. When I feel like I'm "just drifting along," or even "out of control in some crazy white water rapids," I usually think of it as a BAD thing.
    This puts an entirely different spin on the whole thing...
    Excellent timing to post this ~~ thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured that if I needed the reminder then others must too! Haha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! It's as if this was written for me. What really spoke to me was the speed thing. I can usually grasp the fact that God guides my direction, but I struggle when his timing isn't what I think it should be ... especially right now when I feel like we should have moved a long time ago, and we're still not moving yet. This really paints a picture of how much faith Noah had. We always know he had strong faith because he build the boat for so many years with people thinking he was completely crazy, but if you break down the logistics of actually getting all the animals in the ark and then the fact that God directed the boat the entire time, it's pretty amazing. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete